Vincent Massey Day School is expanding! We are excited to take on this new chapter of excellence in education and extend our programming into the primary years!
We look forward to the opportunity to build on our strengths as an early learning academy and support our families in providing children with a balanced education that meets their individual needs. As we continue to grow our program into the primary years, we will continue to maintain our Reggio- inspired teaching approaches and philosophies.
- A Reggio-inspired learning environment
- Small class sizes
- Kindergarten, a maximum of 13 students
- Grade 1 and older, maximum of 15 students
- Individual learning for each student. Students will be able to work at a pace that best suits their needs, with no cap on curricular grade expectation
- Mastery-approach to literacy and numeracy skills
- Development of the whole child through:
- A focus on wellbeing through daily physical activity, meditation and building a growth mindset
- Outdoor Education
- Social-Emotional Learning
- Justice-Oriented Education
- Community and Global Citizenship
- Early French foundations
- Inquiry- and experiential-based learning
- Monthly field trips/guest educators
- A catered healthy lunch is included in the tuition cost
Our extending learning philosophy is applied to all students in our Day School. This philosophy allows teachers to assess where their students are at and build programming to support each individual's needs in literacy and numeracy. With this, teachers are able to help students work ahead in areas where they are excelling, and receive support with skills they have not mastered yet. We want to ensure all our students receive the individualized education they require.